Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tagalog for you

Hello - Kumusta
Yes - Oo
No - Hindi
Thank you - Salamat po
You are welcome - Walang anuman
Goodbye - Paalam
Good evening - Magandang Gabi
Good afternoon - Magandang Hapon
What is your name? Anong pangalan mo?
My name is... - Ang pangalan ko ay...
How are you ? Kumusta ka na?
Very well, thank you - Mabuti, salamat
My pleasure - Ikinagagalak ko
Excuse me, please - Pau manhin po
I am fine, thank you - Mabuti ako, salamat
I am sorry - Pinagsisisihan ko
Perhaps - Baka
Very interesting! Kawilli willi
Wonderful - Kahanga karya
Could you repeat that please? - Paki, ulitnga?
I understand - Naintindihan ko
I don't understand - Hindi no maintindihan

--------
Leeway is one sweet girl I knew during the Youth Program in Korea 2003. From all the delegates from Philippines, I tend to hang out with her most. I learn a lot of things from their culture including their languages. However, like I mention before, I might have forgotten some of the pronunciation of these words, so better double check with an expert ya. As for Leeway, even though now she is working in Singapore, so near compared to the Philippines, I have yet being able to meet up with her... one day we will meet again dear Leeway!

No comments: