Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Choir Songs @ Form 1, 1992


Yesterday Once More
(The Carpenters)
When I was young
I'd listen to the radio
Waitin' for my favorite songs
When they played I'd sing along
It made me smile.

Those were such happy times
And not so long ago
How I wondered where they'd gone
But they're back again
Just like a long lost friend
All the songs I loved so well.

Every Sha-la-la-la
Every Wo-o-wo-o
Still shines
Every shing-a-ling-a-ling
That they're startin' to sing's
So fine.

When they get to the part
Where he's breakin' her heart
It can really make me cry
Just like before
It's yesterday once more.
-----

Oh thank you Maam!

Isn't she sweet?
Oh yeah! I know she is sweet
Isn't she great?
Oh yeah! I know she is great
I'd like to thank her

Oh thank you maam!
Thank you maam for everything!
For all that you have done.

I am so sad
I'm so sad that she is leaving us

Goodbye we are here to tell you
Goodbye to our headmistress
Goodbye we long to see you again.

You are a gift from above
You are devoted and true
When the going gets though
You are loving, caring, and we would like to thank you!

Oh thank you maam!
Thank you maam for everything!
For all that you have done.

-----

These two songs were the song I sang in a choir when I was in form 1 back in 1992. phew! very long time ago... ahahha... The 2nd song was devoted to our headmistress who was retiring. Unfortunately I cannot remember who that is. I also cannot remember who wrote this song... hahahha such fun times... I found this songs in a piece of paper in one of the note books. The original paper and original handwriting in 1992! ahahah...

2 comments:

Kay said...

yesterday once more, kami nyanyikan masa darjah 6, thn 1993...

thn 1992, top of the world, juga dr the carpenter...

nostalgia lama...

Fatimah Rodhiah Mohd Yusof / Umi Danial said...

salam... oh ya ka? memang kan kdg2 menung ingat kisah2 lama...

terima kasih baca blog saya... kita baru bertatih buat blog nie... agagagga...

salam berkenalan... ke saya dah kenal awak? hehehe